Nanowrimo

I have done this the last five years. I even have reached that magic number a few times, a good feeling.

This year I am only writing my wip, but I feel I have an unfair advantage as code will bumb my numbers up quickly. Was thinking of raing the number up for myself. Not sure what to set it at. Any thoughts on the subject?

Congratulations. :slight_smile: I’ve tried a few times, but I never even got past 10,000 words. I’m going to try again this year though with Scales&Tales. I think just count the code. No reason not to.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NANOWRIMO??
Im spanish we dont have that we even dont count writing for words we use pages instead. If you do 10,000 words goberment gives you something or is a tournament? sound weird and serius

NANOWRIMO is National Novel Writing Month. http://nanowrimo.org/ It’s a contest of sorts, where the only prize is a feeling of personal satisfaction. You aim to write a 50,000 word novel in a month.

@MaraJade It is were a writer tries to write 50000 words in the month of November
The prize if you do is you wrote 50000 words. :slight_smile:

*edit beat me to the punch lol

Wow good luck guys

Nationalities, if in spain you tell people write 50,000 words ina month the first we though is what gives you the money. The idea of do this for free sounds weird…

@MaraJade think of it more as a motivational tool then a contest.

*edit we all write for free until, we are published lol.

We dont response good motivation goberment similar campaigns all end badly… so badly than to motivate
people leave smoke in a month they give points to change for free present like cinema tickets, spoons… only campaign who triumph. That we talk badly about ouselves

Well this will be my sixth year participating, fourth year officially. I rather enjoy the stress, consuming gallons of coffee, and being balled up in a corner crying into the wee hours of the night.
No, its really a lot of fun. Its a chance to make new writting friends. there is no judgement on how much you accomplish. if you crossed the goal line great! And if not, you should still celebrate as this is a huge plunge to take.

I’ve always meant to get involved in Nanowrimo ever since my English teacher told us advanced kids about it last year. Now that I have a laptop Nanowrimo here I come :smiley:

I don’t intend to participate officially. It’s just going to be a little personal project for me. I did find having a deadline really useful previously, so hopefully it’ll help now.

It’ll be nice to have others that are doing it too though.

Glade have you jion in. :slight_smile: we should list who we are so we can add each other on the writer buddie list. You’ll find me as lordirish.

I’m doing it, too, which is why I haven’t announced my game yet; I’ll do that on November 1st. I’ve never managed to hit it with traditional writing, so I’m going to see if I can do better with this. I don’t plan on counting code, though. Just the story. I’m facadepapergirl.

@facadepapergirl added you thanks :slight_smile:

Okay just to double check the November Nanowrimo contest is to write a 50,000 word novel in a month correct?

@Scrivener yes that is correct. It breaks down to 1667 words per day for 30 days.

This seems really exciting! I just joined Nanowrimo but I won’t compete. Seriously, that’s too much for me. But I’m excited to read the other’s works.

@Sandsto glade you joined. This is not something you compete in lol. Its a tool to help a writer to push as hard as they can for 30 days. It really does not matter if you cross the goal line as long as you put effort into it. If you do finish its a really great feeling. :smiley:

I don’t know if doing it maybe it’s too much for me. But yeah i would participate as well maybe adapting my tablet rpg Crimson sky