best ones so far
  • Hello everyone.
    I am new to choice of games but have been reading this for a while and just wanted to get to know you guys and what you're best games are so far and what you are hoping someone to make a game about? B-)
  • Me and my awsomeness. Now onto the serious part probably a war game. I think anything under that would be cool.
  • My favorite ones are

CHOICE OF GAMES:
    Choice of the Deathless
    Choice of the Dragon
    Choice of the Star Captain

HOSTED GAMES:
    Life of a Wizard
    Sabres of Infinity
    Way Walkers: University 2

WIPs:
    Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
    Choice of Rebels
    OBLIQUE

I also thought I'd point out that I'm the co-author of Colonising Kepler 62e (a WIP) and the sole author of Trial of the Demon Hunter - book one of Demons Among Men (a Hosted Game pending release.) Those are the stories I'd like to see, so I took it upon myself to write them.
  • Oh about the first part zombie exodus, and marine raider
  • All the WIPs that i probably will never make
  • I really like Zombie Exodus, Dragon (Choice of), and Life of a wizard. I really don't care what people write as long as THEY like what they're writing and WIPs are still WIPing.
  • Zombie Exodus, Waywalkers, Life of a Wizard, Choice of Kung Fu, just off the top of my head.

If I had a dream (and any amount of programming and/or writing skill), I'd like to make a wuxia-inspired work. I know CoKung Fu is a thing (I listed it up there for cryin' out loud), and there's been one or two others, but I'm still a sucker for that kind of thing.
  • my favorites so far are

Heroes Rise
    Heroes Rise:Hero Project
    Slammed

Unnatural
    Way Walker University series
    Zombie Exodus

& the ones i'm looking forward to are

Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster
    Choice of Villian
    Four Guns
    Tin Star
    Team Zero
    Choice of Villian
    Zombie Exodus:Safe Haven
    Choice of Rock Star
    Heroes Rise: HeroFall
    Neighborhood Necromancer
    Choice of the Viking
    Death Reapers Contract

what i am most wanting to see is

something about Musketeers
    something like Mad Max
    a second part to Slammed
  • I think it really depends on personal taste. Unfortunately if you like stories about CD racks coming to life to take over earth and the only way to stop them is to take away all the CDs from the rack, you're out of luck, but I had trouble coming up with an example there and I bet another forum member's going to tell me of an ancient relic where that plot is reality :P

Still, pick what you think sounds good to you. If the blurb draws you in then play it, see how it goes. Zombie Exodus may be a widely respected and arguably one of the most famous games on the site, but if you don't like zombies it's not going to be your cup of tea. Likewise, there are some games that look like they were made in a dump but are still fun for you to play (For me it's Imprisoned :P).
  • I want to play zombie exodus safe haven when completed and vendetta also
    I love Zombie exodus but I can never complete the oil rig part
    :((
  • @gollum JimD has a tutorial on that part considering it's actually one of the hardest missions in the game and whenever I play that mission, I always have that tab open. (It's the second-hardest mission for me; the hardest mission is (SPOILER) going back to Temperance without the military motorcycle (END OF SPOILER) :P
  • Thank you very much for your help ~:>
  • I actually believe the first discussion I posted was similar to this.
  • Ha :| :-?? :-))
  • @Gollum, on the oil rig, when outside, before going down the bridge or wherever else, check your radio...
    \m/ <(RADIO!)
  • ZE was so incredibly easy i didn't die in my first playtrough and i had just very high stats
  • @P0RT3R it's not very easy when doing the spoiled mission :P Even though my character had high dexterity and was a soldier she kept dying :D
  • I was a athlete and had almost every stat above 30 but then there only where 3 or 4 parts if im right 3
    Still havent played the ending or any of the endings :(
  • Personally, I think dying's a lesson in ZE. It's "You fucked up and your character died, so go gear them back up and get back out there." I think it's more satisfactory to get a character who isn't so apocalypse-worthy to the end.
  • @CS_Closet's game Resonance was exceptional, and is well worth playing notwithstanding the fact that it appears to have fallen by the wayside.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying @Havenstone's Choice of Rebels and @Vendetta's Vendetta.
  • Does any of you think 'reckless space pirates' is worth paying for? :-/
  • @gollum
    I liked it. The writing is good and you get a lot of choices. It's slightly linear but the length is decent. Either way, it's easily worth $3.
  • Hmmm...

Hosted Games:
    1. Zombie Exodus
    2. Unnatural
    3. Imprisoned

Choice of Games:
    1. Choice of Vampire
    2. Heroes Rise
    3. Choice of Romance

WIP's:
    1. The Outbreak
    2. Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
    3. Choice of Rebels
  • Thanks @Samuel H Young
  • CoVampire was VERY good... I had forgotten about that one.
  • Co vampire?
  • @gollum
    Choice of the Vampire
  • Sorry, I've gotten into the Choiceof Lingo
  • My absolute favorite games are:
    Choice of Romance
    Zombie Exodus
    Choice of Vampire
    Slammed

I love Games with lots of choices, romance and intrigues. ;)

And I'm looking forward to these future games:
    Guenevere
    Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
    When in Rome
    Purple Reign
    Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster
  • @FinalFantasyFreak: Hey, thanks for the When in Rome mention! I've been polishing the most romance-and-intrigue-heavy branch so I can post the link to the alpha version this weekend.

Purple Reign: I just started playing it, but the richness of storytelling is great. It seems suited for people who like to feel immersed in a long novel and dig deep into the culture of the setting, rather than zipping from choice to choice.

Guenevere: I knew liked this one when I started getting too nervous to make a choice (what if it goes wrong? what if I ruin the relationships I've built? what if I get us all eaten by something nefarious?). I love it when a game gets that tense. Especially if it's a long game and I can't just run back to the beginning and easily try the same scenario with taking slightly different options.

Choice of Broadsides
    Choice of Dragon
    These are my sentimental favourites. Broadsides has great atmosphere and stands up to multiple replaying to figure out how to steer (ha) things a different way, or to try being a complete cad. And Dragon because it's such quick fun and I like being able to set villages on fire.
  • @Carolyne I see, so I have to be patient just a little longer... Yay ;)
    Hehe, I feel already excited and will stalk the Forum until I see your game post, haha.^^
  • I just realised I mixed up Choice of Rebels and Purple Reign. That's what I get for trying to play three games at once. Anyway, they both seem great--I've only just barely started with Purple Reign and don't know much about it yet. Whoops.
  • It happens...
  • Hey, I'm a Prince fan.
  • @Havenstone, that seems a little @Random, oops, random... I prefer Van Halen myself.
  • I'm just saying, this works fine as a CoRebels soundtrack. From a fellow Minneapolitan...
  • Favorites are
    Hosted Games:
    -Zombie Exodus
    -Way Walkers University Series

Choice of Games:
    Heros Rise Series
    Choice of Romance
    Choice of the Deathless
    Choice of Vampire Series
  • Thank you everyone for your posts =D>
  • No love For Sabres of Infinity? easily one of the best I've played. Also love ZE (and also thought it was decently easy). Heroes Rise series is absolute amazing. Murder in Berlin,WW... and so on. :D
  • @Dbabbc
    Sabres of Infinity is in my top 3 favorites
  • @Dbabbc, Not my cup of Doctor Essence
  • @Doctor. Why is that so?
  • I just didn't care for it much, that's all. I'm not saying it's not a good game; it a brilliant game, very well done, It's just not a favorite
  • What games would you recommend then @Doctor?
  • As seen above... As like the fifth post:
    "Doctor February 3
    I really like Zombie Exodus, Dragon (Choice of), and Life of a wizard. I really don't care what people write as long as THEY like what they're writing and WIPs are still WIPing."
    Tadaaaaa!
  • Then, later:
    "Doctor February 5
    CoVampire was VERY good... I had forgotten about that one."
    That's a little bonus Docquote. But notice it still mentions a game. There are a lot of games here I like, just not all of them. As long as SOMEONE likes it I won't criticize it. In fact I won't criticize a game even if no one likes it. I feel it is showing disrespect to the author.
  • @Doctor
    Constructive criticism is actually useful.
  • I think my favorite so far would have to be the Reckless. I just really like the plot and how it's written and the characters in it.
  • @Doctor

you should read the "reviews" article on the Choice box website I wrote. It has an example of a critique review
  • @yermog
    Reckless was pretty good. Do you think there'll be a sequel?