Seven Bullets - Beta testers

I’ve just finished the first draft of a new choiceScript game called Seven Bullets. I’m looking for readers to help test the game for programming errors, continuity, grammar, and general playability. Thanks in advance!

Link: http://www.cloudbuchholz.com/CoG/web/mygame/index.html

Title: Seven Bullets
Genre: Action/Adventure (with potential subplots of fantasy and/or horror)

Plot:
You’re a skilled assassin ready to retire, but before you can call it quits, the Boss kidnaps your little sister, and now you need to use your arsenal of deadly skills to get her back.

Will you make the choices that bring her home safely? Or will you get caught in a web of intrigue, assassins, and deadly combat? Only you can decide how this story ends… Do you have what it takes to survive?

3 Likes

Had my second playthrough and experienced ‘Hell’. Just reading some of the achievements very much bemuses me, I can see this being a very entertaining and varied game when it’s complete.

Okay, I found a few errors, minor stuff.

When I chose the third boulder to draw the the chalk door on I got a game breaking error, and I noticed that the game said that the Boss was too masochistic to kill my sister quickly, I’m pretty sure you meant sadistic.

Will there be romance?

@CloudBuncholz
Pretty darn cool and definitely unique! Lol I got reincarnated as a sheep with cellulite XD
I’m not sure why but I don’t see a lot of replayability value. Maybe add some secret scenes and stuff that makes people want to go back and try to find?

EDIT: Scratch that I just found the medieval world xD! Too cool man! Lots of good writing but on my first general skim through I haven’t found any grammatical errors which is really good considering how much writing you have!
Also I found a bug. So I found a businessman in hell and had the choice of getting out the window or talking to him and I tryed to escape but this error shows up: Hell line 6249: bad label excapeoutthewindowwhileyoustillcan

Had a first playthrough, seems pretty impressive so far with the ways you can try to rescue your sister, I opted for the subtle approach with a Sniper Rifle in the Office Block. Got an error at the choice when someone knocks on the door of the meeting room and you have to decide if to answer or take the shot.

Thanks guys! Those errors should be fixed now.

@StarWarsMaster
Sorry, no romance in Seven Bullets just lots (and lots) of action.

Weird and interesting game. Clearly not meant to be taken particularly seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

One issue from my second playthrough though…

*SPOILER*

If Ragnoss Millions of billions from Earth, wouldn’t it make more sense for the scientists to say “That’s the Sun.”? I mean, he is a scientist after all.

Awesomesauce. Love it.

Thanks everyone! Those errors should be fixed now.

@Shoelip
I’m having trouble finding the section in Ragnoss that you’re referring to. Could you be more specific?

It’s when you first arrive and the scientist points to a point of light in the sky. So we’re on an alien world, ok, that’s fine. Applied phlebotinum and all that. But since this guy is supposed to be a scientist from Earth who was working with what amounts to controlled wormholes you’d think he’d have a basic understanding of astronomy. With that in mind, while it seems highly questionable that he’d be able to figure out where Earth was unless he had quite a lot of astronomy knowledge, if he did have enough to figure something like that out, he’d also have enough knowledge to refer to that point of light as what it was, The Sun. That’s all you’re seeing from that far away. Not that it in any way effects the story, but it’s just one thing that kinda bugs me because it’s so obvious and is easily fixed. It’s just a small touch that would make suspending disbelief all the easier.

@Shoelip
Ah, now I understand what you’re saying. Thanks!

I changed the text to: “That’s Earth’s sun”

Hey everyone, thanks for the help so far!

I’ve updated Seven Bullets to Edition 0.9 and I’ll keep the beta going for at least another week. I really appreciate the time and energy you’ve spent making the story better!

…The beta is now over…

Thanks everyone! The final version of Seven Bullets should be available some time soon.

1 Like

The link is dead because the beta test is over and the game will soon be released.

Closing this thread since I’m sure a new one will be started when the game’s published.