Best ones so far

I just didn’t care for it much, that’s all. I’m not saying it’s not a good game; it a brilliant game, very well done, It’s just not a favorite

What games would you recommend then @Doctor?

As seen above… As like the fifth post:
“Doctor February 3
I really like Zombie Exodus, Dragon (Choice of), and Life of a wizard. I really don’t care what people write as long as THEY like what they’re writing and WIPs are still WIPing.”
Tadaaaaa!

Then, later:
“Doctor February 5
CoVampire was VERY good… I had forgotten about that one.”
That’s a little bonus Docquote. But notice it still mentions a game. There are a lot of games here I like, just not all of them. As long as SOMEONE likes it I won’t criticize it. In fact I won’t criticize a game even if no one likes it. I feel it is showing disrespect to the author.

@Doctor
Constructive criticism is actually useful.

:smiley:

I think my favorite so far would have to be the Reckless. I just really like the plot and how it’s written and the characters in it.

@Doctor

you should read the “reviews” article on the Choice box website I wrote. It has an example of a critique review

@yermog
Reckless was pretty good. Do you think there’ll be a sequel?

Samuel_H_Young: I don’t know for sure, but probably not. Reckless was about just one person, and the epilogue kind of wrapped up their whole story.

Another good game in my opinion is called Deathless. You basically play something of a sorcerer/lawyer, and the name for that is Craftsman (or woman, depending on the gender you play) and a lot of crazy things that happen to you. It may be difficult to get into because there’s a lot of terms that don’t make sense until you get into the meat of the story and you start understanding what they really mean, but all in all, I’d say it was really great. I think you should give it a try.

@yermog
I actually listed Choice of the Deathless as one of my top CoGs xD and I’ve read every gamebook that CoG has.

Holy freaking hell. i just finished Deathless and hooooolyyyyy fuuucckkkkk it’s soo good and i absolutley love ashleigh

also, i’m about to start tin star

@Dbabbc: Let me know how that game is. I looked at it, but I wasn’t too sure from the description whether or not I should get it. And I loved Ashleigh too! He was kind of a snob at the beginning, but he really grows on you and turns out to be a pretty great kind of guy.

@yermog
Ashleigh’s snobbishness attracted me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

lol I didn’t like the snobbishness so much, but I did like the fact that he was confidant. It was neat how in the beginning you two don’t get along much because he doesn’t respect you, but as you go along and you make the right choices, he starts gaining respect, and that seems to be what triggers his romance. Which to my mind is actually pretty realistic. No one wants to be (or should want to be) with someone who they don’t have any respect for. He genuinely admires and cares for you by the end.

Back to the official topic, I just played Orpheus Ruse. I really, really enjoyed it. The premise was good, the fact that you could customize your characters appearance was neat, AND it was quite ingenious how you could “borrow” the bodies of men and women alike. For example, I played a straight female, but could potentially “borrow” the body of a gay male. That of course leads to all sorts of possibilities. I thought it was a terrific idea for a game. Plus the writing is excellent, which is also a big plus for me.

Tinstar was superb. I would highly recommend it. Took me a long time to finish one play through and I can already see the replayability of it. The ending was by far the best ending I have read for CoG games.

Hmm…

Sabres of infinity
Choice of broadsides
Choice of the dragon
Unnatural

Games I’m looking forward to…

Guns of infinity
Guenevere
And when in rome
:smiley:

Tin Star, Deathless, Sabres of Infinity

Looking forward to:
Same with Libertine plus Vendetta

I actually loved Star Captain. Maybe it was just me, but I felt a classic 1950s sci fi vibe. Plus I liked how the slimes talked.

I also enjoyed Heroes Rise (both) and Deathless. I liked Dragon but I wanted it to be longer. I liked Wizard but wanted more characterization and dialogue. They were all great purchases though!