Seriously WTF!

@Havenstone

I suppose if you want to view writing as a zero sum game then that makes sense, but I have to disagree though I see your point. The consumer also has limited time and money, just like the writer has limited time to write. The writer can put out a rushed product if they want for whatever reasons, and the consumer will go find something else to do with their time. Whether 2.00 dollars is cheap or not (I argue not because I make close to minimum wage and thats about a fourth in what i make in an hour of work lol) doesn’t matter. What matters is that the game is worth the consumers time. “Good enough” really isn’t a business model that’s sustainable. Also, if the product is obviously rushed or lacking, then there will be negative reviews, people will tell their friends it’s not that great, etc. “Good enough” doesnt impassion people to follow the company’s products. If the current professional writers arent going to put in the effort necessary, then why not hire talented amateurs?

It may be unfair, but a consumer tends to only feel satisfied when the product exceeds what they paid for it. Being equal or less worth the price they paid causes disappointment. Although, it’s difficult to judge something like interactive fiction by that since the experience is subjective.

I could be completely misinterpreting you, but that’s the general feel I recieved from your post.

I’m speaking as a consumer now. This is not intended to be inflammatory in any sense of the word. However, I’m going to start not buying the main offerings until I see the response to them. It’s not worth it to me personally, and I’m sure a few other consumers feel the same. Because I don’t want to play a product that’s “good enough.” I want some effort put into the games. You can argue that effort is being put in, but it’s not showing in the latest offering.

Although, honestly, Eerie Estate Agent and Star Captain were fine and well-crafted. It’s just that’s not ALL I want.