Show us Your Book Collection!

@MaraJade Tolkien isn’t in the pile but I do have him somewhere… I must be honest I’ve never fallen for Pratchett, as I’ve never liked the comedy element - I watch TV for my laughs - The Hogfather adaption was amazing though!

I have a book by Orwell somewhere… But it’s a ‘How to Write’ book, not a book book. I’ll add him to my list! :smiley:

@Nocturnal_Stillness
If you want help with the Raven one, count me in.

Has anyone here ever read R.A. Salvatore?
Or terry brooks for that matter?

@CJW

When I get round to it I’d happily accept you as one of my Raven brethren :smiley:

@Headhunter180
First box, bottom left in my picture is all Terry brooks! :smiley:
He’s a machine - I can’t say I’ve kept up with him, but I love everything I’ve read so far!

@Nocturnal_Stillness
Can’t wait!

Yes his book 1984 are part of my game lore also the same with brave new world by Aldux Huxley are free and without copyright at least in spain more than 50 years the two and in the list top of 100 books from 20th century and are short so everyone please read them to understand my demo B-)

I have a few hundred books littered on three big bookcases (and under my bed :p) so i dont think ill name them all for you!

Same for me @Raven last time i count i have 890 and was 8 years ago!

A picture is worth a thousand words!

<3 Name of the Wind. Wise Man’s Fear appears to be absent though. :frowning: I’d say the latter (the former’s sequel) is better than the former, believe it or not. Kind of reminds me of Way Walkers.

http://s1189.beta.photobucket.com/user/Rocky_Boudreaux/media/book_zps94995457.jpg.html

http://s1189.beta.photobucket.com/user/Rocky_Boudreaux/media/books_zpsfc02a5ad.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

That’s my book collection I have back home, the rest of my books are all at my apartment.

Although small in comparison (and no pic) I’m a big fan of David Gemmell- only missing a couple. But he has it all, love, betrayal, honour, and thee occasional war lord getting hit over the head with a giant axe. Most noticeably book one of the damned-white wolf,Druss the legend and Waylander

Always been a fan of history, Non-Fiction stuff but I do like historical fiction and there’s some really great books like “To Your Scattered Bodies Go” from Philip Jose Farmer’s “Riverworld” series and one of my other favorite books is “All the King’s Men” by Robert Penn Warren, especially since it draws its parallels to Huey P. Long.

This are my books that i read most:

And this are my other “books”:

What are books? >_>

@FallingWithStyle I bought that one before Christmas, I haven’t actually read it yet (hence the lack of the sequel).

@RockBou Nice collection. Have you read anything by Bernard Cornwell?

@DreamWalker I’ve seen some David Gemmel books scattered around my Dad’s house, but I’ve yet to try them myself. Perhaps I will!

@P0RT3R Lol :smiley:

@RVallant Books are… Books <_<

@CJW - You mean the lovely tomes filled with boring legal principles and cases? Do they apply to this topic?

The last fiction, no scrap that, the last book I’ve bought purely for entertainment purposes was… probably the last Harry Potter book… I’ve never been a big reader and university really kills the enjoyment anyway so most of my enjoyment of stories and epic yarns have to come from movies and video games. -sigh-

@RVallant so you are a lawyer too yeah our tomes are boring B-) in Spain we use legal continental sistem so no your casuistical precedent sistems but we have legal codes and reglaments to everything even to the inclination of windows and clarity of crystals …,
that was one of the question of my last exam of Civil laws

@MaraJade - not a lawyer, just a law student, third year of my law degree. =)

I’m already finish :stuck_out_tongue: but I still preparing myself here economy is awful so I have to be good prepared to found a good job there is not a surprise than Mara is a lawyer?

Well, I thought I’d join in. This is my dad’s collection - there are 50 photos in all and they’re taking a while to upload. Hopefully, by the time you click this link, they’ll all be there. Can you guess what my dad does for a hobby? One is pretty obvious, the second you can work out from one of the photos.

http://s1323.beta.photobucket.com/user/andymwhy1/library/Snapbucket

If you’re looking for a specific book, they’re all roughly in alphabetical order by author.
I’ve probably read about 5% of these books. My dad has read the lot!