Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster -- Withdrawn

It looks like I’ve a few apologies to make.

Firstly, to Jason, for completely misconstruing his closure of the Vendetta thread. In (somewhat calmer) hindsight, it was precisely the right thing for a forum moderator to do as that “debate” was going nowhere and was completely out of control. I did Jason–and, by extension, CoG as a whole–a grave injustice with my knee-jerk reaction, but I hope they can understand that my misunderstanding at the time was caused by anger and sheer disappointment, not malice.

Secondly, my apologies also to everyone else on the forum for even rising to the bait offered by my detractors. Had I not done so, had I just ignored it as any sensible person might, then things might not have come to a head as they did. I’ll try to bear that in mind in future.

I should also say sorry for leaving the forum hanging for several days. This was entirely unintentional and was caused by me taking my partner away for a long weekend break, as it was her birthday last Friday and (to be frank) I just wanted to get away for a while and reflect upon my plans for the immediate future.

And finally, I would also like to say sorry to Canisa. While I still don’t agree with her point of view as I don’t believe history should always be whitewashed to suit modern perspectives–even in leisure entertainment–I could perhaps have not reacted to every barb and just let things slide more, on the very sound basis that we would never see eye-to-eye on this subject so why even bother arguing about it?

In closure (as this simple “sorry everyone” is turning into something of a speech) I would also like to thank everyone for your support and encouragement, both public and private. I am very happy to announce that I have resumed work on Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster. I’ll start a new thread when a major update is available (hopefully within the next week or so), in hopes that we can leave this whole sorry mess behind us.

3 Likes