Where are the other Choose your own adventure games?

It’s on the same site, but I swear that it said “/digital” when I posted it. o.O

Must’ve not been paying attention. Apologies.

More interactive fiction:

The King of Shreds and Patches is good for any Lovecraft fans who like puzzles: http://maher.filfre.net/King/

I like a lot of Emily Short’s work. I recommend Alabaster and Galatea: http://emshort.wordpress.com/my-work/

Fate is dark, but an enjoyable game about complex morality: http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=az8jb9bddngurwr7

2 Likes

Alter ego was made by the very same dan fabulich who created CoG :smiley:

3 Likes

I know, I simply loved it.

Err… Not written by Dan. It was written in the 80s by a psychologist. Dan reverse-engineered in so he could release it on mobile and web.

4 Likes

I thought I recognized his name! I’m so thankful for his work putting it on the web, or else I’d never have known about it.

I highly recommend Blue Lacuna by Aaron Reed. It’s a wonderful IF game with a well-rendered world, an interesting premise, and a very reactive and strongly characterized NPC. It also allows you choice of gender and orientation for your character, like CoG games do.
You won’t have to fight with the text parser to play it – it’s newbie-friendly (but also accepts traditional commands) and has both story and puzzle modes.
It’s long and totally worth the time commitment.

(link removed)

2 Likes

oh, ok then my mistake :slight_smile:

…Did I just use ‘onomatopoeia’ in place of ‘alliteration’?

My English geek cred! NOOOOO!

Anyway, that reminds me. I may have suggested it before, but Nord and Bert Couldn’t Make Head or Tail of It is a great way to kill some time. It’s essentially one long wordplay game and good for a few laughs.

1 Like

Link? :3 I’ve been playing a bunchload of games from the site chooseyourstory, I tend to like the ones that make you type in the keyword a lot less, can’t even get through the intro ._.

It’s in Z-machine format as it’s one of the old Infocom games, but really probably their least…er…traditional. (Aside from Bureaucracy of course, but I’m not going to talk about that.)

-5 minutes of Googling later…-

Ah, raspberries, I was certain it was in the IF Archive, but the only thing I’m pulling up is Abandonware sites. I don’t know if our kind benefactors would approve of me posting such a link, so I’m simply going to mention you should probably look in a site similar to the name of a badly animated cartoon from the 60’s.

EDIT- Should probably mention you’re going to need a Z-machine interpreter as well.

What’s abandonware? o.O & ehh, I’ll stay in chooseyourstory, some genius work in there~

1 Like

Help with Fate I can not figure out what to do it is so confusing… I cannot figure out what to do after first vision of you dieing because of snake help

@cool74

You should be able to type ‘hints,’ ‘help,’ or ‘about’ if you’re stuck.

@Kadael
I did that and i already kenw to look in the bed/ pull up the covers but i can not find the correct wording

Bro’s, this isn’t a helping for the game Fate, take it somewhere else please? :smiley:

OK got it. Just thought it would not hurt to ask. You guys have been great at giving me things to do over my school break. Thanks

Now I seem like a party pooper ._. Just sayin, bring it over to PM’s or whatnot xD & This forum post has given me hours of entertainment.

@MrYoungzman Only hours I have got days because my reading site Wattpads been down. So can I pm you about my problem. :slight_smile:

Ask someone else xD I don’t play Fate.