UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

i like beta

Minor update:

uploaded as much as I’ve done, not as good as I would like but currently using a lot of *if codes and want to make sure its all working.

So play test it please (try playing as both sexes for a slightly different scene at one point.

link: http://nocturnalstillnesscog.webs.com/Unnatural/my%20game/index.html

Will be continuing the work on it tomorrow.

One of the options after the bully scene says “I think I did good”. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be “I think I did well”. I know. I’m a grammar troll. Also, when Craig is studying, one of the options say “I leave (.) They deserve it.” You might want to change that. Or even something like “That jerk deserves it”. Kudos for providing some reason to Criag’s change, by the way. But I got an error soon after starting line 73 next_page non-existent. But so far it’s great!

@Shintaro

glad your liking the changes, consider those errors fixed :slight_smile:

ugh i ask for beta and i get alpha

if ur still looking for people to add to the game i have one

@vampierkid222

That question is who you ‘want’ to work for who you get depends on your stats.

Post your character there still are four more episodes still to come.

umm at a certain seen after you get your id card you go to the squad roomadn three toher member talk to you you can say yes i am name or i am name nice to meet you but wichever one i choose makes the game freeze

The previous error is still there for me… :frowning:

Not sure whats happening but the game crashes or freezes up when i meet the squad.

My game freezes up at the “0530 hours” scene.

Game froze when I met the squad, also after you take the self defense class two of the options are incorrect; the first one says “I won’t give him time to react, I’ll hit him as hard as I can.” the second option says “I’ll let him get ready, then take him down” I was playing as a female so Alice is the bully, the pronouns would need to be changed to her. Digging the update though :slight_smile:

Thanks I’ll have a look today.

Hah! I can’t believe you actually used my character. Though I think I failed a bit in the physical description. I actually meant to imply that she had sort of a stereotypical American media hot girl build, but it’s my fault for trying to be clever instead of clear with my wording. I always have trouble describing PnP game characters too.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how this pans out, and especially how this character works out as part of a semi militaristic government organization. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Shoelip

Yeah I intend to use all characters suggested :slight_smile: I thought you may have meant that but I was unsure so I went with that description. I will alter it when I continue writing.

@everyone

I’ve no idea what is causing the game to freeze when you meet the team in Unit Alpha, it says something about an invalid arguement? Unit Beta seems to work though so I’ll keep looking!

Well, don’t feel pressured to alter it if you don’t want to. I mean, I don’t think we should really have much say in what happens to the characters we offer up to you. After all, this is your project. I assumed that any ideas I offered to you for it became yours if you decided to use them. Of course if you do change it I’ll have no objections whatsoever.

You’re obviously a pretty decent writer, and I can see you improving already from the beginning of the project to now. The fact that you went to extra step to write the description of the characters in your own words to make them flow better with the rest of the text is just one small proof of that.

@Shoelip

thanks for the kind comments. I will change it as I want peoples characters to be as close to their initial idea and then I’ll evolve them as the story progresses

Minor update:

I believe I’ve fixed the freezing issue (had to remove a choice that required a stat check as that was what was causing the problem)

Still not the complete update but want to make sure the game works for everyone now before I go further into the game.

Enjoy!

link: http://nocturnalstillnesscog.webs.com/Unnatural/my%20game/index.html

So i can join Alpha now and keep playing? :smiley:

You can join alpha and go to the armoury the next update will be your first mission.

Just want to make sure I’ve fixed the freezing issue.