UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

@everyone

thanks for character ideas I’ll try and implement them into the story although some of the newer ideas may require tweaking to keep things as realistic as possible in this kind of story.

From now on I’ll state in an update whether a character has been added.

So are the whole spirit thing still in the game? To lazy to check back on other comments if you said you removed your guardian spirit thing.

Make sure you know how to filter out the not so good ideas from the good ones, believe it or not, as fabulous as we commenters are we are not infallible.

I too am curious about the status of the guardian spirits, as when they were available they seemed rather underdeveloped.

There will still be the syncing in the game. But am considering just having the one unnamed guardian spirit then will reveal more details as the game progresses.

You’ll hopefully see where I’m going with the complete update.

additional note:

In this universe halfbreeds are not possible, if someone has suggested a halfbreed please suggest an alternative background.

ANOTHER minor update.

I apologise for this but hopefully you’ll enjoy what is there.

good news should be I should be able to get the demo finished over the next two days.

link: http://nocturnalstillnesscog.webs.com/Unnatural/my%20game/index.html

So its an unnamed spirit and as you progress it evolves and gets more powerful pretty much? Oh then for the background for my halfbreed how about instead of being a halfbreed he is a full vampire but cant use his powers unless he is enraged or something? Ether that or he is just human but has a hate for vampires.

@Aznxa

Yeah at the start the spirit is unnamed and it evolves depending on your choices and you learn more and more about it.

Your character has been added by the way but you need to go to the Beta Unit to find him (not much of a scene but he gets a mention [look for J.Sakura] as one of the researchers in the unit.

Just read the story. Very soun story but, for me the begining did not draw me in. Felt like to much of being told the facts instead of discovery. Would have liked. more detail to the differnt class of the S.R.T. Plus felt rushed along. Giving a choice maybe to find out more detail. Good story look forward to more.

how bout in stead of the half breed that i said he just full fairy

I’ve been testing the alpha team first mission, and I found 2 errors.

It seems when Victor unloads his double barrel there is an error " Line 228: bad label alpha5c"

And when you shoot the person “line 225: Non-existent command ‘labek’”

@Lordirish

I’m hoping to add more information about Alpha Unit and Beta Unit as you work for them but I will consider adding a bit more information before you join them.

@Vampierkid222

I went ahead and made him full fairy and he also gets mention [again name only] in the Beta Unit path

@Colonel_Sanders

fixed those errors I put *labek alpha5c instead of *label alpha5c (it caused both issues)

Played the update…WHY THE HECK IS THIS GAME SO ADDICTING? KEEP IT UP!

Not really enough new content added in the update to properly review. Keep the updates coming, I want to see where the plot’s going. Minor nitpick-you’ll have to be careful with the fairy thing else it come off as silly.

@13ventrm

I am disappointed in this update as I had hoped to have Episode one finished by Sunday, been busy with other things so I uploaded where I had gotten to so people could see how its progressing.

In this universe a fairy is unique in regards to the other kinds of monsters as it is the only ‘unnatural’ being that isn’t classed as dangerous. A fairy is basically a mortal born with high supernatural resistance that can be trained to control their supernatural aura.

***SPOILER***

The S.R.T believe that only females are capable of being fairies as they have only encountered females, the e-mail you can read is their first evidence that men can have fairy blood.

The PC character isn’t a fairy even though they will possess a similar ability eventually, but fairy blood will be involved in some way.

***SPOILER***

You might want to use a different word than “fairy”. I think of Disney when I hear that.

Would ‘Sprite’ sound better?

Not sure about alternate names for fairies. but the official name given to monsters by the SRT are “Unnaturals”.

Will think of potential names instead of fairy.

You could call them fay, or the fair folk (I’m partial to the latter). Sounds less Disney. Also sad to see them simplified as such. The fay have the potential to be some of the most spectacularly dangerous creatures in existence. Considering actual mythology, I’d rather face a dozen vampires and werewolves than a single fay.

@Reaperoa

Yeah I know what you mean when you say “fairy” people think Tinkerbell, but I know faeries were considered magically powerful. Personally I like the idea of them being mischievous (how I will portray them in-game) which is why they considered C-class by the SRT, they can cause trouble but don’t. generally harm mortals.