Posted by: Dan Fabulich | Comments (5)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
Gunpowder diplomacy in a city primed to explode! You’re a shapeshifting android created to infiltrate the enemy. Steal, lie, and persuade your way to success. Can you save a people on the brink of war?
Machinations: Fog of War is a 150,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Chris Conley, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based–without graphics or sound effects–and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
It’s 25% off until August 26th!
- Explore a 150,000-word tale of deception, intrigue and betrayal in an age of gunpowder and rapier duels.
- Embody a lifelike automata with the ability to study and mimic the appearance and behavior of anyone you meet.
- Develop your personal skills, accumulate an array of disguises, and cultivate contacts and allies.
- Navigate the hostile waters of diplomacy, scheming and plotting when everyone has their own motives.
- Decide who to trust and who to deceive.
- Serve your master faithfully, or break away and serve only yourself.
Chris developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.