Posted by: Rachel E. Towers | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
The world has ended in atomic flame. You are a lone warrior on your way to the mythic Crescent City – a center of civilization and even democracy and the degenerate wasteland. But to get there, you must first barter for the right to cross the Bridge. Will you collapse under the weight of mutant beasts and conniving wastelanders? Or will you prove your mettle and fulfill your mission? It’s 33% off until November 29th!
Critical Mass: The Bridge is a post-apocalyptic 160,000 word interactive novel by Michael Meillarec, and an entrant in the Choice of Games writing contest, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary
• Determine the fate of three factions and at least one gator.
• Find love in the time of radiation sickness.
• Balance the needs of the wasteland community, or conquer it instead.
• Liberate slaves or rule over them as their master.
• Use honor or deception to achieve your goals, no matter how small.
Michael Meillarec developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.