Posted by: Mary Duffy | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
You’ve been bitten into a brand new supernatural underground. Congratulations! It’s terrifying and heartwarming all at once. In a game made by a queer woman and for queer women and femme nonbinary folk, this supernatural celebration of queer femininity takes you into the darkness and lets you own it. Use your compassion and sense of responsibility to make connections and fall in love. Or use your newfound fangs and claws to rip, shred, and tear through your problems. Is this the start of a satisfying, shape-shifting life full of romance, or the blood-soaked birth of a new deity of the forest? You decide!
It’s 50% off until October 24th!
Moonrise is a 49,000-word urban fantasy interactive novel by Natalie Cannon, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
- Play as a trans woman, cis woman, or nonbinary person; lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, or asexual.
- Date your nonbinary best friend, the ruthless Rogue leader, or the lycanthropic goddess amongst werewolves.
- Build up your Empathy, Bloodthirst, Snark, Responsibility, Uncanny Valley, and Defense to survive lethal encounters and protect those you hold dear.
- Pledge allegiance to the tradition of the Masquerade or the desperate, volatile Rogues.
- Expose the supernatural underground to the blistering light or keep their secrets in the deep dark.
- Embrace the feral monster within or hold fast to your humanity.
Natalie Cannon developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.