Posted by: Kai DeLeon | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
In this prequel to Swamp Castle and the Great Tournament, lead a medieval faction as it attempts to secure the Kingdom of Magincia. You must deal with other hostile factions and fight off barbarians to gain ruling power of the realm.
It’s 40% off until June 11th!
War for Magincia is a 200,000-word interactive novel by Philip Kempton. Set in the world of Swamp Castle and The Great Tournament, in War for Magincia you’ll experience randomly generated events and stats results each time you play, and a deep story tree with many different endings, in addition to three difficulty modes: easy, normal, or hard.
- Use diplomacy, war, or intrigue to defeat your rival factions.
- Work for the betterment of the Kingdom and people, or take all its riches for yourself.
- Send diplomats to rival factions to sue for peace or spies to cause chaos and war among your rivals.
- Train your army with a variety of unit troops. Upgrade their equipment and training.
- Choose your general and level him/her up with a variety of military maneuvers.
- Hire advisors to help in your quest to secure the Kingdom of Magincia.
- Unlock achievements and new modes of play.
Philip Kempton developed these games using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.