Posted by: Kai DeLeon | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
Rebuild society after the climate apocalypse! Can you keep your settlement alive?
It’s 40% off until Dec 10th!
After the Storm is a 185,000 word speculative fiction interactive novel written by Luiza Alves and illustrated by Will Jamison. It’s mostly text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Climate change has run its course, and you have to deal with the consequences. Pick your way through a heartbreaking post-apocalyptic landscape and try to obtain some sunglasses. Gather allies or go it alone, hold on to your humanity or lose it in the directionless expanse. Establish a settlement, open up trade, defend yourself against invaders, build a better world, or just one you can stand to live in.
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or asexual.
- Go out of your way to help others, or focus on your own survival.
- Recruit and romance a surly doctor, a talkative mechanic, a sensitive artist or a stalwart leader.
- Turn on the stars in a long-abandoned planetarium.
- Defeat a gang of invaders in battle, or outsmart them.
- Bring civilization back with a revolutionary power source, supercrop, miracle cure, or strategic alliance.
- Rise to power in your new world order, or focus on helping your community.
- Start a family, adopt a stray cat, and write a book!
Will you create a community based on shared values, or under strict rule? Will you carve out a life for yourself? Fall in love? Start a family? Make art? Or will you fail to protect your settlement and spend your days in exile?
Luiza Alves developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.