Posted by: Dan Fabulich | Comments (0)
There’s a new app from Hosted Games available on the Google Play Store called Hosted Games. It’s an “omnibus app,” just like the iOS omnibus we’ve had for more than a year now, but now it works on Android.
If you have an Android phone that supports the Google Play Store, please give it a try!
- We’ve submitted the “Hosted Games” app to Amazon to review; we expect the HG omnibus to be available on the Amazon Appstore for Android in a few days.
- Soon, we’ll also release a “Choice of Games” omnibus app for the Google Play Store. We’re going to let the HG omnibus sit for a week or so, then release the Choice of Games omnibus when we’re pretty sure we’ve fixed major bugs.
No doubt you have a lot of questions, so we’ve written up an Omnibus FAQ. It answers these questions in more detail:
- What is an omnibus app?
- When will the Choice of Games omnibus be available for Android? (Soon)
- When will the Choice of Games omnibus be available for the Amazon Appstore for Android? (Soon)
- Will you make an omnibus app for Steam? (Probably not)
- Will new games be available in a separate app or in the omnibus?
- Why does Apple require Choice of Games to deliver an omnibus app?
- Why is Choice of Games releasing an Android omnibus? Is Google forcing you to do this? (No)
- If I purchase/purchased a game as a separate app, can I play it in the omnibus? (Yes)
- If I purchase a game on choiceofgames.com, can I play it in the omnibus? (Yes)
- If I purchase a game on Steam, can I play it in the omnibus? (No)
- If I purchase a game in the omnibus, can I play it on choiceofgames.com?
- Can I play games offline in the omnibus app? (Yes)
- Will the omnibus app take up more space on my phone or tablet? (No)
- Will the omnibus app have Game Center achievements? (No)
- Can I rate and review games inside the omnibus app?
- Can I search for games by title, author, and genre in the omnibus? (Yes)
- Can I sort games by title, author, release date, etc. in the omnibus? (Yes)