Posted by: Mary Duffy | Comments (1)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
As the ruler of a province in the Western Peninsula, it will be expected of you to hold court and make yourself available to petitioners, settling disputes and delivering justice to the land and its inhabitants.
It’s 30% off until November 21st!
The War for the West is a grimdark 485,000 word interactive medieval fantasy novel by Lucas Zaper.
Among your duties will be to administer the money collected from taxes and see that it is well spent, be it in improvements to the local infrastructure or in purchasing personal objects and services. You will also need to manage your relationship with other powers and arrange a proper suitor for marriage, which will serve both to ensure the continuation of your lineage and consolidate your alliances.
But even if diplomacy fails, the military will always be at your command, ready to suppress rebellions and defend your fief against foreign invaders. To guarantee their supremacy in the field of battle, you must keep a steady flow of recruitment and enforce constant training.
Alas, not all problems can be dealt with by soft words and sharp blades. In such circumstances, one may find that there is little a few drops of poison or a well-placed agent cannot solve.
This all may appear overwhelming at first, but you will count with the assistance of your counselors, each with their own specialties. Their advice will prove invaluable as you navigate through the dangerous dynamics of the realm’s politics.
If you can keep their treachery in check, that is.
- Play as a Lord or a Lady, and find pleasure wherever you see fit.
- Fight in the open field, withstand a siege, join your enemy or avoid conflict entirely.
- Marry for love, power, or convenience, and use lovers to settle your lust if necessary.
- Bow to the church or defy it by joining the northern heresy or making your own religion.
- Uncover the secrets of your lineage and the ancient mysteries of the world, as well as many hidden endings.
- Make allies and enemies as you visit neighboring provinces and interact with other nobles.
- Decide over a vast number of random events that might happen as you hold court.
- Build your army and test it in battle against your enemies.
Lucas developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.