Posted by: Kai DeLeon | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
Choose your career in a post-Climate Change future. Will you follow in your parents’ footsteps and run the city’s shark farm, or will you break the mold?
It’s 30% off until August 13th!
The Floating City is a 130,000 word climate fiction novel by Felicity Banks, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and powered by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You can explore the drowned city of Old Sydney, the secrets of the underground New Sydney, and travel around your own floating city. The pressure is on to hone your skills and choose your future job, but there is hidden danger far below the surface of the sea. Your friend Kassandra is risking her own life to figure out why the sharks are afraid, and you are the only person she listens to. Will you risk her life to try to save others, or will you beg her to give up her dreams?
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, or asexual and/or aromantic.
- Develop a romance with a male or female friend, or neither.
- Trade with other cities, and make useful connections.
- Build your reputation in order to enhance your career prospects.
- Learn more about how sharks behave, and solve the mystery of their unusual behavior.
- Awaken an ancient cosmic horror.
Felicity Banks developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.