Posted by: Mary Duffy | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has two new games for you to play!
A long-lost treasure. A glittering prize. An unforgettable journey. And a host of rivals and enemies between you and the finishing line.
It’s 30% off until April 14th!
1938. A terminally-ill English aristocrat has one final wish: to locate the long-lost resting place of one of his legendary ancestors, a crusading knight said to have found a terrible secret in the East and then vanished. A cryptic, coded poem points the way, allowing a modern-day adventurer to retrace the knight’s steps. So a contest is set: five of the world’s leading treasure-hunters and archaeologists are challenged to follow the trail and track down the crusader’s tomb. And whoever gets there first stands to win an unimaginable fortune. Do you have what it takes to outwit and out-gun your villainous rivals and make it safe – and first – to the prize?
Relics 2: The Crusader’s Tomb, the sequel to Relics of the Lost Age and the second game in the Relics trilogy, is an exhilarating 400,000 word interactive adventure novel by James Shaw, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based – without graphics or sound effects – and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Step into the weathered boots of a swashbuckling 1930s archaeologist and embark on a wild ride across Europe and Asia, racing to stay ahead of your vicious and amoral rivals, facing murderous enemies and intriguing mysteries at every turn, as you strive to beat the odds, solve an ancient mystery, and uncover the secrets waiting for you in the long-lost crusader’s tomb.
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, poly, asexual, or aromantic.
- Continue to develop your romance from Relics of the Lost Age, or try your luck with one of three new romanceable partners: a hedonistic historian (m), an elusive master- thief (nb), or a treacherous rival (f).
- Experience a hectic four thousand mile race. Go up against four memorable rivals who will stop at nothing to get to the prize first, and a shady organization who will do whatever it takes to prevent you from finding the truth.
- Brawl in the Moulin Rouge in Paris, plan and execute an audacious heist in Venice, infiltrate Hitler’s “Grail Castle” in Germany, survive a terrifying night in a vampire castle in Romania, and discover long-lost secrets beneath the bustling streets of Istanbul.
- Experience epic gunfights, visceral brawls, and wild stunts in vintage vehicles.
- By plane, by airship, by train, by car, by motorcycle, by any means necessary race across a lovingly-realized 1930s Europe to get to the finish line first.
Become a brain-for-hire in this mad-science adventure!
It’s 33% off until April 14th!
Big Brains in Little Jars is a 300,000-word interactive novel by Ashlee Sierra. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
As a valued appendage at a company called Gray Matter, you’ll do the thinking, speaking, and fist-fighting for clients who hire you, all from the comfort of your jar. Along the way, you’ll start riots, solve riddles, torment party clowns, escape burning buildings, find allies among your fellow brains, and commit felonies. Not a bad gig, as long as eternal servitude is your jam.
Of course, every workplace has its downsides. Bad brains get imprisoned in dead bodies, your coworkers are tired of being science experiments, and that intern won’t quit looking at you funny. Also, the healthcare coverage is abysmal. But escaping won’t be easy. After all, you’re a brain in a jar—and Gray Matter isn’t about to let a valued appendage just roll out the door.
- Don’t worry about gender (you’re just a brain) or sexual orientation (seriously, you’re just a brain).
- As a brain-for-hire at Gray Matter, help your clients achieve their wildest dreams—or humiliate them in front of everyone.
- Explore the depths of a mysterious underground laboratory known for madcap scientific experiments. (Portal gun not included.)
- Bully scientists, befriend disgruntled coworkers, or forge risky alliances with high-ranking Gray Matter employees to learn where your brain-jar is imprisoned.
- Choose one of four distinct sidekicks, each with unique abilities to help you navigate Gray Matter.
- Flex your mockery muscle by increasing your dedicated Sarcasm stat.
- Flip someone off using their own finger, start a fistfight in a corporate break room, ruin a first date, and get into general mad-science mischief.
- Find out whether you’ve got what it takes to outthink Gray Matter—or if you’re bound to spend eternity as a brain trapped in a jar.
It’s mad science, and you’re the experiment.
Ashlee and James developed these games using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.