Posted by: K L | Comments (32)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
As the eldest child of the Usurper King, you were always meant to inherit your father’s stolen throne. When the lost heir of the dynasty he ended resurfaces, bent on revenge, you face a difficult choice. Your father’s enemies don’t have to be your own.
Without allies, the Kidia heir has no hope of taking the throne back, but you could offer them that hope. By allying with his enemy against your father, you could expedite your inheritance and end a dynastic feud, all at once. Always assuming that the vengeful heir is willing to share royal power with you.
Turncoat Chronicle is a 180,000-word interactive novel by Hazel Gold. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
- Play as male, female, nonbinary, or genderfluid; gay, straight, bi, asexual, or aromantic.
- Befriend your family’s oldest enemy and end a dynastic grudge.
- Or, use your wiles to get close to your enemy and secretly plot against them.
- Rely on your court connections and diplomatic skills to earn your enemy’s trust.
- Recruit a trustworthy ally to act as a royal doppelganger.
- Guide your chosen consort as they acclimate to the demands of court life.
- Aim for the crown, or pull the strings in secret, behind the scenes.
- Plot your father’s downfall by blade or poison.
- Or, remain loyal to your father and strive to earn his approval.
- Take a chance and trust the one who could betray you, and perhaps even fall in love.
Either way, your decisions will go down in history!
Turncoat Chronicle is 33% off until August 10th!
Hazel developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.