Posted by: Rachel E. Towers | Comments (0)
We’ll release the game to the public on Thursday, July 11th; you can buy it today at a discounted price. If you buy it here on our website, you’ll be able to play it on your preferred device when the game comes out.
Wield the chains of destiny, or shatter them?
In the great war between the gods, will you wield the chains of destiny, or shatter them forever?
Exile of the Gods is a 460,000 word interactive epic fantasy novel by Jonathan Valuckas, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Our story begins twenty years after the action of the first game, 2015’s Champion of the Gods. Which ending did you get? Start this game as the Champion, a warrior born to serve the gods, and follow the holy destiny the Weavers have crafted for you. Or start this game as the Exile, enemy of the gods, and forge a new life for yourself in the faraway land of Khovros–where mortals are free to choose their own fates.
Champion and Exile alike must unravel a deadly conspiracy, and confront the brewing war upon their gods. Will you vanquish this invading force, or use its power to free your realm from its ruthless creators forever? Take revenge on the gods who exiled you, or steal this chance to prove your worth to the pantheon, and seize your destiny of glory?
The gods made you what you are. Now, you will show them what you are made of.
- Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, or ace
- Take the role of your realm’s beloved savior, or that of a vengeful warrior living in exile
- Explore a world inspired by the myths of Ancient Greece
- Fight land and sea battles inspired by the military campaigns of antiquity
- Unravel a divine conspiracy that spans two realms, complete with shocking twists
- Use the power of Inspiration to endow your companions with unearthly prowess, or wield Rapture to stun your enemies with bliss
- Move the hearts of your foes with your sincerity, or harness the power of deception to spin a lie that suits your fancy
- Play the game in standalone mode, or import your skills and backstory from “Champion of the Gods” to unlock new storylines–and a terrifying bonus power
- Confront golems, fire-wielding mystics, and the armies of the dead
- Receive a horoscope for your character, based on their virtues and humors
How the pre-order works
Today: Anyone can go to our Exile of the Gods page, play the first part of the game for free on our website, and purchase the game at a discounted price.
But the rest of the game is not available to play today, even if you pay now. Everyone who pre-orders the game will get to play it when it becomes available to the public on July 11th.
iOS/Android: On July 11th, we’ll make Exile of the Gods available in the Choice of Games Omnibus app on iOS, and as a free app on the Google Play and Amazon App stores. Anyone can play the first part of the game for free on iOS and Android (or on our website). Once you reach the end of the free trial, the app will ask you to either purchase the game or “restore” your purchase.
If you’ve pre-ordered the game on our website, you’ll be able to restore your purchase on iOS/Android at no additional charge, unlocking the rest of the game.
Windows/Mac/Linux: After purchasing the game, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you a Steam key that will unlock the game on July 11th.