Posted by: Kai DeLeon | Comments (0)
Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!
In an alternate future where medieval laws coexist with scientific and technological advancements, a revolution is boiling. Personal reasons will force you to be at the forefront of it. Your place in this world is a simple yet powerful role, granted to you thanks to your haunting past and the current political situation in the empire. A long war threatens the autocracy of your ruler and soon you will find your life thrown upside down, engaging in an emotionally fueled conflict you never wished to be part of. As you dig deeper, you will find untold truths.
It’s 33% off until September 30th!
Rain King is a 50,000-word science-fiction interactive novel by Marvin K. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Inside this unique world you will have to deal with a lot of characters, each with their own goals and mentality. They might be part of your plan, or you theirs. Decisions will have to be made. Power or catastrophe might be the consequence. Your true nature will be exposed in this game of philosophy, drama, action, faith, death, family, friendship and love. As you forge your own prism of reality you might watch it shatter to pieces. After all, truth is but a fly caught in a web of lies.
- Play as male or female; as gay, straight, bisexual, or asexual.
- Explore a fantastical world reaching the limits of human advancements but being far from an utopia.
- Make allies that would give their life for you and try to manipulate and win the favor of your acquaintances.
- In retribution change your life and that of the biggest empire on the planet.
- Try not to get deceived. Choose which truths to believe.
- Help and care for others or think about your own life and let them die.
- Choose your arsenal and unleash your inner demon in the action sequences.
- Follow your heart and fall in love or use your admirers’ feelings for your own purposes.
- Open your eyes and find a meaning to it all.
As you forge your own prism of reality, you might watch it shatter to pieces.
Marvin developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.